Double Up Food Bucks, Food Insecurity & COVID-19
Join us for an in-depth discussion on the fruit and vegetable incentive program, Double Up Food Bucks. A Double Up Food Bucks farmers market, retail grocery store, community outreach organization, and program participants will share their experiences as we dive into the successes, the challenges, and the opportunities for growth of the program in Iowa.
- How to support the continued growth and expansion of the program in Iowa
- How to bring the DUFB program into your community
- How to disseminate information on the program throughout your community
- How to further increase the connection between specialty crop farmers and retail grocery stores
Iowa Healthiest State Initiative
The Healthiest State Initiative is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization driven by the goal to make Iowa the healthiest state in the nation. By engaging worksites, communities, schools, retail food, organizations, institutions and individuals, we can inspire Iowans and their communities to improve their health and happiness, and ultimately achieve our goal.
- Read the Broadlawns Medical Center's handout on available resources here
- Review the Panelists' slides
- Read the Iowa Healthiest State Initiative's funding proposal here
- Donate to the Iowa Healthiest State Initiative to assist your fellow Iowans
Dana Danley, MD
Aryn McLaren, MPH
|Speaker Bio||Speaker Bio||Speaker Bio||Speaker Bio|