Iowa Hunger Calendar
2019 Community Food Systems Program Annual Event
The goal of the Community Food Systems Program annual event is to engage, support, and inspire individuals from all areas of Iowa's food system in conversation about community food systems.
You'll participate in workshops, hear from expert panelists and speakers, and network with your colleagues building robust local food systems all across the state of Iowa.
This will be our fourth annual annual event, and they just keep getting bigger and better! Check out our agenda, below, followed by location and lodging information. We hope to see many of you in March!
Thursday, March 28: Pre-conference events
- Local Food Leader train-the-trainer workshop. Offered to individuals who have completed Local Food Leader certification.
- Networking event: 6 - 9 p.m.
Friday, March 29: Community Food Systems Annual Event
- 8 a.m. - Registration and networking
- 9 a.m. - Welcome and poster lightning round
- 9:45 a.m. - Keynote: Capacity Development
- 10:15 a.m. - Networking break
- 10:30 a.m. - Certification panels
- 11:45 a.m. - Lunch and keynote: What’s Happening in Food Systems?
- 1 p.m. - Breakout sessions
- 4 p.m. - Capnote: Creating Momentum
- 4 p.m. - Adjourn
Location and lodging
Our 2019 event will take place at the Des Moines at Ramada Tropics Resort and Conference Center, 5000 Merle Hay Road, Urbandale, Iowa, 50322. You can call the hotel at (515) 278-0271 and request a room for the Community Food Systems event for any of the nights from 3/27/19- 3/30/19 at a rate of $79/night.
The Community Food Systems Program is a collaboration of the Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Local Foods and Community and Economic Development Programs.
If you have questions about the program or this event, please contact Courtney Long at (515) 460-3227 or email@example.com.
For more information, please click here.