2020 Breakout Session Organizer Application
The intention of the breakout sessions is to provide a space for the organizations and initiatives actively working to create equitable and sustainable opportunities for all Iowans to share their work with attendees and provide opportunity for furthered engagement.
This year we are offering two different opportunities for organizations to engage with our 500+ attendees through breakout sessions.
GENERAL BREAKOUT SESSIONS
STUDENT BREAKOUT SESSIONS
- Breakout Sessions are 45 minutes in length
- We ask that organizers allow for ample time for participants to ask questions during the breakout session
- For organizations who are submitting multiple proposals, please submit each proposal separately
- Each Breakout Session will be provided with up to 40 chairs for attendees and organizers have the options of a head table, projector and screen, and speakers
- Breakout Session Applications for the 2020 Iowa Hunger Summit will close on June 1, 2020
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by July 1, 2020 via the email provided on their submitted form
- All submissions for Breakout Sessions must be submitted through the 2020 Breakout Session Application Form
As in past years, collaboration between organizations, initiatives and coalitions is highly encouraged. Please note in your application if you are open to collaboration with other applicants who have submitted applications that are similar or complementary.
Attendees of the Summit include representatives from community organizations, social agencies, state and local government, churches and religious communities, schools and universities, and community members looking for ways to be further involved in their communities and those around the world.
TOPICS / CRITERIA
Please note that the below topics and criteria are merely suggestions provided to help guide applicant organizations. All topics regarding the alleviation of hunger and food insecurity are welcomed.
|Coalition Building||Corporate/Nonprofit Partnership|
|Data-Driven Reporting||Economic/Community Development|
|Education||Equity and Intersectionality|
|Emergency Food Programs||Food Access|
|Food Assistance Programs / SNAP / WIC||Food Banking/Pantry Logistics|
|Food Rescue/Recovery||Grant Writing/Fundraising|
|International Food Security||Lived Experiences|
Director, Iowa Hunger Summit & Community Outreach
The 2020 Iowa Hunger Summit will take place on Monday, October 12.