2019 Breakout Session Application Details
Breakout Sessions provide an opportunity for 500+ attendees of the Iowa Hunger Summit to engage in in-depth conversations with Iowa’s many active initiatives working to alleviate food insecurity and offers participants tangible tools for further engagement locally and around the world.
This year we are offering two different opportunities for organizations to engage with our 500+ attendees through breakout sessions.
GENERAL BREAKOUT SESSIONS
STUDENT BREAKOUT SESSIONS
The 2019 Iowa Hunger Summit will take place on Monday, October 14 at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown.
- Breakout Sessions are 45 minutes in length
- General Breakout Sessions will take place in the afternoon, following the Luncheon
- Student Breakout Sessions will take place in the morning, prior to the Luncheon
- We ask that organizers allow for ample time for participants to ask questions during the breakout session
- For organizations who are submitting multiple proposals, please submit each proposal separately
- Each Breakout Session will be provided with up to 40 chairs for attendees and organizers have the options of a head table, projector and screen, and speakers
- Breakout Session Applications for the 2019 Iowa Hunger Summit will close on May 1, 2019
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application by June 1, 2019 via the email provided on their submitted form
- All submissions for Breakout Sessions must be submitted through the 2019 Breakout Session Application Form
As in past years, collaboration between organizations, initiatives and coalitions is highly encouraged. Please note in your application if you are open to collaboration with other applicants who have submitted applications that are similar or complementary.
Attendees of the Summit include representatives from community organizations, social agencies, state and local government, churches and religious communities, schools and universities, and community members looking for ways to be further involved in their communities and those around the world.
TOPICS / CRITERIA
Please note that the below topics and criteria are merely suggestions provided to help guide applicant organizations. All topics regarding the alleviation of hunger and food insecurity are welcomed.
|Coalition Building||Childhood Hunger|
|College Hunger||Corporate/Nonprofit Partnership|
|Data Driven Reporting||Donation Gardening|
|Equity and Intersectionality within the Food System||Emergency Food Programs|
|Food Access||Food Banking/Pantry Logistics|
|Food Rescue/Recovery||Grant Writing/Fundraising|
|Innovation/Technology||International Food Security|
|Sharing of Lived Experiences||Summer/School Feeding Programs|
Director, Iowa Hunger Summit & Community Outreach
For those organizations, initiatives, and coalitions who are interested in participating in the 2019 Iowa Hunger Summit, please also consider applying for an exhibit table. Applications for an exhibit table will open this summer at www.IowaHungerSummit.org/Exhibits2019.